Calendar, Services & Pricing
Our season in Piedmont runs May through September. Autumn is harvest season for both wine grapes and the highly-prized white truffles hunted for in jealously-guarded secret locations in the countryside around the town of Alba. In May the average temperature range is 56–76°F (13–24.5°C); in September, 52–70°F (11–21°C). Rain is generally concentrated in occasional days of rainstorms rather than being drawn out over many days of drizzle, averaging 3.2” (80.5 mm) in late May and 3.4” (86 mm) in late September. The hottest, driest months are July and August.
2018 Calendar (Sat–Sat)
- Apr 28–May 5
- May 5–12
- May 12–19
- May 19–26
- May 26–Jun 2
- Jun 2–9
- Jun 9–16
- Jun 16–23
- Jun 23–30
- Jun 30–Jul 7
- Jul 7–14
- Jul 14–21
- Jul 21–28
- Jul 28–Aug 4
- Aug 4–11
- Aug 11–18
- Aug 18–25
- Aug 25–Sep 1
- Sep 1–8
- Sep 8–15
- Sep 15–22
- Sep 22–29
May 24 & 25: Giro d’Italia Stages 18 & 19 are nearby
* — Sun May 27: local granfondo Giro delle Valli Monregalesi
Weeks shown in
strike through are no longer available.
Please contact us to check availability before booking, as spaces are limited.
Please note: Prices are quoted in US dollars (USD) unless otherwise stated. They may be revised without prior notice to adjust for significant changes in exchange rates between the Euro and USD. We reserve the right to substitute equivalent suppliers and services in order to maintain high quality standards.
Our 2018 price is $2,800/person/week (7 nights, 8 days). A deposit of $400/person is required to confirm your booking, balance remaining due 30 days before arrival date.
- Guaranteed small group size. We accept no more than 8 guests each week.
- 5 full days of guided rides, 1 rest- or self-guided riding day. Maps and cue sheets are available if you wish to take a self-guided ride on our mid-week rest day.
- Accommodations in a double room, with its own bathroom with shower. Solo guests will share a room with another Agile Compass guest of the same sex, or may elect to pay the single supplement of $65/week to have a room to themselves.
- 7 breakfasts and 6 dinners. We don’t include dinner on the mid-week rest day so that you don’t feel obliged to return to home base for it. We’d be happy to suggest places to dine within easy walking distance of our hotel if you like. Breakfasts comprise cold cereal, pastries, bread, fresh fruit, yogurt, jams & fruit preserves, honey, fruit juice, milk, coffee, tea, and are self-serve buffet-style. Dinners comprise fresh bread, mineral water, table wine, dessert, coffee, tea and follow the standard Italian 3-course dining out pattern: the primo, a pasta, risotto or soup course; the secondo, main course of meat, poultry or fish (vegetarian equivalents available); the contorno, a salad or cooked-vegetable course.
- Transfer on start/end day from/to Cuneo train station.
- Admission fees to attractions we visit en route on our rides.
- airfare & train fare to/from Cuneo
- bicycle (inquire about available rentals: carbon or aluminum road bikes, as well as e-bikes), helmet (required! please bring your own or rent with bike)
- lunches (on the road, we can suggest places)
- water bottles, CO2 cartridges, inner tubes, energy bars/drinks/snacks…
- personal expenses such as laundry, phone calls, bar drinks, snacks, souvenirs…
- gratuities, at your discretion